Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Unlock “Angy Formulas” – an Angry Birds like game hidden in Excel using this trick!!!

Unlock “Angy Formulas” – an Angry Birds like game hidden in Excel using this trick!!!:
Sometimes you think you know something and then suddenly you are surprised. Yesterday was such a moment for me. I have been using Excel for almost a decade now. So naturally I assumed that I know it well. But then yesterday, while doing something I stumbled on a strange screen in Excel that looked like very popular Angry birds game. So I got searching. But there was no mention of it anywhere on net. Then I asked my friend Rollf ‘O’ Pai, who is in Micros0ft Execl team. First he denied such a thing. But we knew each other so well that he could never lie to me. So he confided. He told me what I had suspected for several years.
There is an Angry birds like video game hidden in Excel!!! It was meant to be an Easter egg in Excel 2010 (and 2013), but due to backlash from senior management no one ever published the details about it.
So I asked him “How do I unlock it?”. Rollf ‘O’ Pai asked me to never reveal it to anyone and then told me the recipe.
Once I unlocked I could not believe how cool it is!
Angry Formulas - Hidden game in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013
So I have decided to share with you all so that you too can play “Angry Formulas” right inside Excel (2010 or above).

Follow these instructions to unlock Angry Formulas.

  1. Open a new file in Excel 2010 or Excel 2013 (works in Excel 2007 SP2 as well)
  2. NOTE: You must close any files you have open and only have this new file in open state.
  3. Save the file with this name “ARoofPill.xlsx” (apparently ARoofPill was the code name for Angry Formulas when it was being developed!)
  4. Go to Cell C23.
  5. Make it 300 pixel wide. (Note: Make sure it is exactly 300 px.)
  6. Change the font size to 20 pts
  7. Type the below formula (copy paste for best results) as is.
    =SUBSTITUTE(ADDRESS(BIN2DEC(1&REPT("0",5)),6*7,4)
    & CHAR(82)&MID("SMILE",3,2)
    & ADDRESS(2^5,57*3,4)
    & MID("COOL",3,456789),"32","")
  8. Press Enter.
  9. Enjoy Angry Formulas!
NOTE: If you loose any level in the game, you must restart at Step 1 (above). So play responsibly.
PS: My highest score is 3921. I have managed to reach up to level 4-3 before failing. What about you? Post your scores in comments.

4 comments:

  1. NICE JOKE LOL. our teacher in class had us doing this formula...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did believe in all this (((
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... glo data plan

    ReplyDelete